The 2016 Club Leaders Conference will take place on campus on Friday, October 14, 2016.
Dick and Sandy Dauch Alumni Center
403 West Wood Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
(Please note the new location, it was formerly in the Co-Rec but will be held in the Alumni Center)
After you register for the conference, you will receive a confirmation letter and a parking pass in the mail prior to the conference along with a map of where you can park.
Registration deadline (to attend in person) is October 10, 2016.
Can't attend in person - no problem, we're going to live stream some of the sessions! Click here for more information about the live stream option.
- 8:30 a.m.
Registration and check in
- Conference material pick up, including exclusive conference attendee gift, along with Purdue items for the leaders to take back to the club.
- Coffee, juice, pastries, bagels, and fruit available sponsored by the Purdue Alumni Club of Tippecanoe County
- 9:00 a.m.
Welcome and Remarks
- Ralph Amos, President and CEO of the Purdue Alumni Association
- Marie Foster, Vice President, Alumni Outreach and Engagement
- Association updates and share initiatives
- Review of the day's activities
- 9:30 a.m.
Creative Leadership - Engaging and Working with your Club Members
- Hear about an effective approach to advancing and practicing leadership that is adapted to your particular alumni club. The presentation will cover identifying and developing club roles, providing motivation to encourage attendance, and defining and evaluating success.
- Presenter: Harry Brown, Associate Director, Purdue Leadership Institute
- 10:15 a.m.
Engaging and Retaining your alumni club members
- 11:00 a.m.
- Focus Group - we need your input!
- 12:00 p.m.
At the Dick and Sandy Dauch Alumni Center.
- 12:45 p.m.
- Presentation of Gold P's with special guest to club leaders achieving Gold Status in the Club Recognition Program and pictures.
- 1:15 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Success stories by club leaders
- Three current club leaders will share their club management experiences focusing on marketing, communication, and technology. Each presenter will have 10 minutes to share then a 5 minute Q&A.
- Chris Rost - Formerly with Washington D.C. - Marketing your club events
Chris will share how the Purdue Club of D.C. added additional value to an event to maximize attendance. Chris is now a leader with the Chicago club but is sharing specifically on an event in D.C. where they had Ryan Kerrigan as the featured guest and what how they leveraged that to increase attendance.
- Almira (Sugar) Yllana - N/NW Suburbs of Chicago - Consistent and effective communication
Sugar will share the various on-line communication outlets the club uses and how they manage and maintain consistent communication to increase their clubs outreach efforts.
- Jon Simpson - N/NW Suburbs of Chicago - Event payment online options
Jon will share his experiences with different Purdue clubs and the online payment methods they've used and how the club manages it's activities with technology.
- 2:00 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Boilermaker Bragging - sharing best practices
- Back by popular demand, the opportunity to split up in smaller groups and share best practices and learn from other leaders.
- 2:45 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Conference closing remarks and raffle drawings
- A large selection of unique and attractive Purdue memorabilia will be raffled off for clubs to use in their scholarship auctions. Must be present to win.
- 5:00 p.m.
Celebration Dinner (Purdue Memorial Union)
- Join us and celebrate all that makes Purdue special. The Boilermaker Pride Award winner will be recognized as will the 25th and 50th anniversary classes. Club scholarship recipients are also invited and recognized at this event. Entertainment by the Purdue Varsity Glee Club
- 7:30 p.m.
Annual Homecoming Parade
- The homecoming parade, with it's lighted floats, students groups, and All-American Marching Band, will travel down State Street, passing in front of the Purdue Memorial Union.
Additional Conference Information:
- Football tickets can be purchased HERE in the group block. Enter the code "CLC" and then press GO to order your tickets.
- Many of the close hotels to campus require a 2-night minimum that weekend and are sold out. There are hotels that are 5-6 miles from campus that still have vacancy and do not require 2-night minimums. Please click here for a list of hotels in the area.