Do you know a special Boilermaker?
Established in 1981, the Purdue Alumni Association Special Boilermaker Award honors a member of the Purdue faculty or staff who has contributed significantly to the improvement of the quality of life and/or the betterment of the educational experience for a substantial number of Purdue students.
Nominations will be accepted April 1 through June 1 each year. Nominations will not be considered unless accompanied by a one-page description of the nominee's accomplishments.
Nominate a Special Boilermaker.
Consideration should be given to the nominee's contribution in one or more of the following ways:
- taking initiative in the solution of problems;
- unselfishly contributing time and effort;
- being a "silent contributor";
- devoting efforts beyond the expectations of their role; and
- participating in activities that have improved the public image of the University, as this contributes to the growth and continuing respect for the University.
Nominations may be made by any person or group affiliated with Purdue University — students, faculty, staff, or alumni. The award will be chosen by the Special Boilermaker Award Committee.
Presentation of Award
The winners will receive a handsome pewter locomotive keepsake which will be given during an on-field presentation at a Purdue home football game. Additionally, the names of the winners will be permanently etched into the achievement obelisk on the Engineering Mall.
See a list of past recipients of the Special Boilermaker Award.